March 5, 2020
The story of the North East’s digital ecosystem often remains untold outside of our region. That’s why we’re bringing back the North East Digital Festival in 2020. The festival serves as a platform to further amplify the voices within the digital ecosystem and to celebrate the region’s digital activity on a national scale.
The #NEDigiFest platform empowers digital stakeholders to collectively share their successes. It provides businesses and individuals with an opportunity to get involved with the region’s digital ecosystem through attending or hosting relevant events that amplify the story of digital activity in the region.
Key festival flagship events for 2020 will include Tech Talent, Thinking Digital, the Data for Good community launch, The Late Shows, Newcastle Startup Week, Dentsu Aegis’ TV & Video in the Digital Economy event, and the One Region One Sector One Statement report launch.
We know that these meaningful events have the power to make an impact on the digital ecosystem. Events can help tell stories and can create tangible benefits by attracting talent, investment, collaborations and more activity to the region. We’ve seen entrepreneurs start businesses as a result of Newcastle Startup Week, innovation projects initiated following attendance at Thinking Digital, and larger businesses hiring talent as a result of Tech Talent.
So, let’s collectively drive and shape the North East as a thriving hub for technology. Whether you’re a business, academic, employee, local authority, volunteer or a digital champion – we’re calling on all stakeholders to get involved by raising awareness of meaningful digital activities within the North East.
More about the flagship events
• Tech Talent is the North East’s biggest tech recruitment fair. Organised by Sunderland Software City, Tech Talent raises awareness of jobs and career pathways into the technology sector.
• Thinking Digital is the region’s leading annual tech event focused on the growth of the digital ecosystem. Thinking Digital helps audiences explore tech, ideas and the future.
• The Data For Good event at Newcastle Helix’s National Innovation Centre for Data will mark the launch of a North East data volunteers community who will work with local charities and their data to drive insights, efficiencies and to maximise their social impact.
• Newcastle Startup Week is the region’s biggest festival for business creation. Taking place across five days at multiple venues, NSW supports the creation and growth of start-ups and scale-ups across the North East.
• The Late Shows, organised by Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums, is an annual late-night culture crawl taking place across Newcastle and Gateshead to celebrate the cities’ creative pulse and experiences.
• The TV & Video in the Digital Economy, event hosted by Dentsu Aegis Network, will invite guests speakers from ITV, Think Box, Teads and Sky to talk about the future of AV advertising.
North East Digital Festival 2020
The festival’s steering group consists of representatives from Sunderland Software City, Dynamo, Dentsu Aegis Network, Generator and Digital Union, Thinking Digital and Newcastle Startup Week. NEDigiFest is sponsored by Capita Consulting, Invest North East England and W North. For more information, contact email@example.com or visit: www.northeastdigitalfestival.com
– Advertising feature –