September 3, 2020
If there’s one thing that 2020 has taught us, it’s to expect the unexpected. When the stock markets reacted to COVID-19 in such a dramatic and aggressive manner in March,
it was impossible for investors to fully avoid the consequences of a global fall of that nature. However, there were also opportunities within the market chaos, which a qualified and active portfolio manager could take advantage of.
The importance of active management
Volatile markets can be an investor’s friend. When the market crashed, good companies were selling at a discounted price. This offered opportunities, especially when applying our ongoing search for companies with strong balance sheets and healthy future prospects – companies that have an ‘economic moat’ to help them through volatility. Active investment managers are well-positioned to take advantage of these conditions, and our clients felt reassured
knowing their assets were in safe hands.
What does a portfolio manager do?
When we build a portfolio for our clients, we know there can be uncertain times ahead. That is life. But having a well-diversified, bespoke portfolio, which has been tailored to account for all your assets, ensures peace of mind during uncertain times.
Our portfolio managers offer a tailored service to help you:
• Plan for the future, ensuring you set realistic financial goals.
• Take the right amount of investment risk to meet those goals.
• Keep your investments on track. If your circumstances change, or markets behave erratically, we can react quickly and dynamically to ensure continued suitability.
• Invest where there are opportunities, taking advantage of changing economic conditions rather than falling victim to them.
• Protect your money through diversification. Too much exposure to one sector can have devastating consequences.
• Consider your tax position when making investment decisions.
Once your portfolio is in place, we continually monitor and analyse the economic and market outlook so that we can adjust your portfolio accordingly and help you achieve your financial goals.
If you don’t have a plan and are feeling concerned about your financial future, please do get in touch. We can provide a tailored and holistic service, which takes into account your pension, investments, property and other savings you may or may not have.
For further advice, please contact Sheila on 01642 931200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The value of investments and any income from them can fall and you may get back less than you invested. Sanlam is a trading name of Sanlam Private Investments (UK) Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.