January 5, 2018
1 Chicken breast (cut into strips)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
Salt and black pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 lime (juiced)
Approx 20g of cornflour
1 raw mango (diced)
1 shallot (finely chopped)
1 Thai chilli (finely chopped)
3 sprigs of mint (finely chopped)
25ml pineapple juice
½ a lime
A handful of parsley (finely chopped)
· In a large bowl, add the diced chicken breast followed by the olive oil, ground ginger, whole roasted cumin seeds and a pinch of salt, ground black pepper and smoked paprika, the juice of one whole lime and the cornflour. Gently massage the mix into the chicken, using the lime juice as a base.
· Deep fry the diced chicken strips on low heat at 160°c for five minutes, followed by three minutes on high heat at 180°c.
· In a serving bowl, combine the diced mango, finely chopped shallot, Thai chilli, parsley, and mint. Add 25ml of fresh pineapple juice. Drizzle juice of ½ a lime and mix well. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
· Layer the plate with a base of mango salsa, followed by cooked chicken strips, and top off with another layer of mango salsa.
· Add some chilli sauce and a squeeze of lime juice and fresh ground pepper.
· Dig in and enjoy!