December 7, 2018
Head of little gem lettuce 300g pork belly slice Sesame seeds
2 tablespoon deonjang (miso paste)
1 tablespoon gochujang (chili paste)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame seed oil
(Soy sauce pickled onions)
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
5 tablespoons water
Half an onion sliced
• Pickle the sliced onions for one hour in the vinegar and soy sauce mix.
• To create the Ssamjang, mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
• Break off the bigger leaves from the little gem head, rinse and pat dry with kitchen towel.
• Using a non-stick pan over medium to high heat, cook the pork belly for a few minutes on each side.
• Cut the pork belly into bite-sized pieces and continue to cook until the meat is browned and cooked through.
• On the lettuce leaf, put one or two pieces of cooked pork belly, add 1/2 teaspoon of Ssamjang on-top and finish with sesame seeds.
• You can add sticky rice and Kimchi to your lettuce wraps for an even bigger helping.
24 Wretham Place, Newcastle, NE2 1XU