31st May 2018
50g granulated white sugar
45g unsalted butter
1 large egg
1 vanilla pod
50g ground almond
50g plain flour
450g sweet cherries, pitted
Good quality puff pastry
* Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
* On a lightly floured surface; roll out the pastry to a 30cm circle, approximately 20mm thick.
* Using a dusted rolling pin, roll the pasty onto a 20-22cm tart pan and gently press the pastry in, removing the excess.
* In a bowl, mix the sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
* Add the almond and the flour and beat until it forms a smooth paste.
* Spread the cream across the bottom of the pastry.
* Place the pitted cherries evenly over the frangipane.
* Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the frangipane is puffed and light brown in colour.
* Remove from oven and cool.
* Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.