Date: February 20, 2019
Start Time: 09:00:00
Location: North East Business and Innovation Centre (BIC) Wearfield Enterprise Park East Sunderland SR5 2TA
The North East BIC has teamed up with KMS Business Development Solutions to bring you an introduction to tendering and bid writing.
Tenders and bids are regularly required to award contracts in both public & private sectors.
A Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) or Invitation to Tender (ITT) can consist of many questions and these can also be accompanied by a detailed scoring system by which bids are assessed.
This FREE seminar will provide you with an understanding of how to find opportunities for your product or service, appreciate the client requirements and help you to prepare a persuasive and convincing bid.
So if you are brand new to tendering, and looking to improve and take your business to the next level, this seminar will provide simple and easy to understand advice and guidance.
The topics that will be covered include:
• Tendering Portals (what are they, what are the different types and who uses them?)
• Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) – why are they used?
• Different Types of Enquiry (e.g. open & closed/restricted tenders).
• Framework or Call-Off Agreements (what are they and how do they work?)
• Client Enquiry Tendering Documentation (what to look for in the detail… what does the Client want?)
• Tendering Gap Analysis and Business Processes.
• Pre-Tender Questions (how to ask them; is it good to ask questions?)
• Deciding whether to bid? (deadlines/show-stoppers/content/cost-to-bid)
• Bid Writing (understanding the format of submission and how to get your point across!)
• What does tender ‘weighting’ mean?… How important is it?
• Who will review your tender and why submittal format is important!
• Post-Tender Clarifications (if something is not clear to the assessor).
• Asking for Feedback whether you Win OR Lose!
KMS Business Development and Improvement Solutions (KMS BDIS) are a specialist service provider based at the North East Business and Innovation Centre in Sunderland.
Michael has more than 25-years of Business Development experience including extensive Tendering/Bid Writing involvement and preparation. With experience in a wide-range of public and private market sectors, he has gained significant knowledge of complex tendering requirements and principles that are underpinned from working in the Electricity Utility and Oil & Gas industries. These sectors require some of the most complicated and onerous Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) and Invitation to Tender (ITT) submittals.
Kathleen is responsible for all aspects of Business Improvement and has more than 20 years experience in the Manufacturing Sector. She also has in-depth knowledge of complete Operational Management Systems, details of which are regularly requested when undertaking a PQQ or ITT.
Their business experience includes wide-ranging overseas working & placements in Mainland Europe, the Americas, Middle East/Gulf Region & South Asia as well as the United Kingdom.