Date: August 17, 2019
Location: South Shore Road, South Shore Road, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE8 3BA
In the summer of 2019, more than 2,400 participants from over 60 countries, aged from 4 – 80+, will arrive in NewcastleGateshead for the World Transplant Games. Get ready to celebrate an inspiring week of sport in the North East from Saturday 17 – Saturday 24 August 2019.
This inspiring event is a celebration of a second chance of living life to the full, and promoting the need to raise public awareness of organ and tissue donation. The World Transplant Games will take place at some of the top sporting venues in the North East, including Gateshead International Stadium, Close House Golf Resort, Sport Central at Northumbria University, Northumberland Club, Eagles Community Arena, Sunderland Aquatic Centre and St. James’ Park.
Did you know…? Right now, across the UK there are around 6,080 people on the transplant waiting list.
– Come along to the free Sports Science Event at Boiler House, Newcastle University on Saturday 17 August between 10am – 4pm to test just how fit and strong you really are.
– Cheer on the teams as they walk from Old Eldon Square to Sports Central at Northumbria University for the Athlete’s Parade on Saturday 17 August from 4.30pm.
– Have fun and run! Get in on the Games action at the Sage 6k on Saturday 6 July at North Park.
– Join the fun and take part in the Gift of Life Fun Run 5k run / walk (3k for children supported by CHUF) on Sunday 18 August at Exhibition Park.
– Watch the Games action live – spectate at one of the many sporting venues (see above) and the NewcastleGateshead Quayside during the week.
Text WTG2019 to 70300 to give £3 and help deliver the best Games ever.
Sign up to the NHS Organ Donor Register today and remember to share your wishes with family #Passiton
For more information please visit – http://worldtransplantgames.org/