Business & Economy
November 27, 2018
North East Times is seeking an experienced business journalist to work across print, online, events and film.
The successful candidate will responsible for sourcing, writing and editing a range of profile interviews, news stories and feature articles across North East Times’ multi-channel platforms and contract publications.
Writing and editing
- Develop a substantial understanding of the business and economic landscape of the North East
- Build relationships with key members of the local business community
- Source, develop and write news stories and feature articles, based on thorough research.
- Contribute pitch ideas to editorial and strategy meetings
- Stay up-to-date with the latest business and economy news relating to the North East
- Contribute to the lifestyle section of North East Times (Out of Hours)
- Edit and project management of contract publications as required
- Assist with sub-editing and proofing as required
- Maintain North East Times’ values of transparency, integrity and creativity
- Source, verify and analyse information that is newsworthy to North East business community
- Sub-edit content before it goes online
- Assist with the upload of news content and features using the content management system (WordPress)
- Assist with marketing, events and film as required
- Excellent copywriting
- Ability to write clean copy that requires minimal editing
- Subediting and proofreading
- Ability to engage and interview individuals from private, public and third sector
- Comfortable managing heavy workloads and adhering to multiple deadlines
- Project management
- Film experience
Location: Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: dependent on experience (flexible/part-time working will be considered)
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV and examples of your writing to [email protected].