November 27, 2018
North East Times is seeking an experienced business journalist to work across print, online, events and film.
The successful candidate will responsible for sourcing, writing and editing a range of profile interviews, news stories and feature articles across North East Times’ multi-channel platforms and contract publications.
Writing and editing
- Develop a substantial understanding of the business and economic landscape of the North East
- Build relationships with key members of the local business community
- Source, develop and write news stories and feature articles, based on thorough research.
- Contribute pitch ideas to editorial and strategy meetings
- Stay up-to-date with the latest business and economy news relating to the North East
- Contribute to the lifestyle section of North East Times (Out of Hours)
- Edit and project management of contract publications as required
- Assist with sub-editing and proofing as required
- Maintain North East Times’ values of transparency, integrity and creativity
- Source, verify and analyse information that is newsworthy to North East business community
- Sub-edit content before it goes online
- Assist with the upload of news content and features using the content management system (WordPress)
- Assist with marketing, events and film as required
- Excellent copywriting
- Ability to write clean copy that requires minimal editing
- Subediting and proofreading
- Ability to engage and interview individuals from private, public and third sector
- Comfortable managing heavy workloads and adhering to multiple deadlines
- Project management
- Film experience
Location: Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: dependent on experience (flexible/part-time working will be considered)
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV and examples of your writing to email@example.com.